Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Water Fountain Goes Solar

!: My Water Fountain Goes Solar

I love the sound of running water; it seems to create the most tranquil atmosphere. Having lived mostly in apartments or small semi detached houses; I have always found it easy to setup a water fountain on the patio or in the back yard.

Recently I moved into a free standing house with a garden and I realized that to get my water fountain going I would need 10 to 15 meters of electrical cable to reach the place where I wanted my fountain to be. I immediately began researching alternative ways to power my water fountain.

Solar Fountain

I quickly found that solar power was going to be the way forward. This method seemed so obvious that I was kicking myself for not thinking of it sooner. The first advantage was obviously not needing power cables running from my house to the solar fountain and not needing to dig up half my garden to hide the cables. The worry of my children digging up the power cables had also been resolved.

Environmentally Friendly

After installing the solar water fountain I soon started to see other benefits. I have never been a particularly environmentally conscious person but the fact that I now had an eco friendly solar water fountain in my garden gave me a warm feeling inside. I was finally doing my bit for the environment.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see a reduction in my electrical bill. This has since fueled further alternative energy projects in my household.

Does it work in winter?

The one drawback was that on cloudy days and in winter the solar fountain stopped working properly. The doubts began to fill my mind and digging up my garden once again seemed to be unavoidable.

Luckily the addition of a solar battery solved the problem. Now the solar panels charge a battery which in turn powers the fountain pump and all is well. I am also blessed to live in a country with mild winters so for now my solar water fountain works like a charm; all year round.

Besides the peace and tranquility of the water fountain they are also good for birds, bugs, fish and plants. Moving water is the essence of a healthy diverse environment. If you don't have a water fountain yet, get one, and make sure its a solar fountain.


My Water Fountain Goes Solar

Michaels Kors Grand Sale Top 10 Oakley Five








No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。